Monday, November 24, 2008

Giving Thanks This Week

With all the hustle and bustle of the start of the holidays, this can be a very busy time of year. Family dinners, parties and get togethers are a wonderful way to reconnect with the ones you care about.

I will be hosting Thanksgiving dinner for my family this week, for the first time! I cooked a turkey last year for my group of friends, so this is not my first bird, but I am still nervous about it. I love to cook and entertain, and I know family will be fine if we have order pizza instead, but there is something intimidating about those things! I've assigned side dishes to family members, and should have everything under control and ready to roll by 6pm on Thursday. I'm looking forward to it.

Here's to wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving. Even though these are trying times for this country, we can all sit down and be thankful for a nice meal with our loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment